Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

My Guy

I have begun, on numerous occaissions, posts about a couple of the gentlemen I work with at the SNC (skilled nursing center). They are both sweet men, but between HIPPA, being new, and a bunch of other reasons, not the least of which is my inability to express out loud to anyone my connection with these 2 men, posts never happened.

Last week I went to visit one, for various reasons he has not been on therapy in a while. And his functional status and yada yada hasn't been good in quite some time. He opened his eyes, recognized me, and, in his usual fashion, closed his eyes without a word. Usually I pester more and get a few grunts out of him. Last week, while I stayed, and looked at him, patted his chest, and told him I missed him, I didn't stay long and I didn't bother pushing him to do anymore than what I'd already gotten.

I thought about visiting him over this past weekend. Just going up to see him, because whatever family and friends he has around, don't go to see him. Very rarely has anyone gone to visit the man. Perhaps because he's grumpy and fussy often. Perhaps there are other reasons. I'm not sure. Having not met any of his family because they aren't around, I couldn't say. But I thought about going to see him, because of how he was last week. That he wasn't doing so well. He looked tired, ...exhausted really.

And I didn't.

And I am sure you can see where this is going.

But he passed away on Sunday night at 7:50.

So much of the last few weeks, feeling incredibly alone here in the 'Electric City' I wanted to just go in his room and sit with him. Read to him, talk to him, be with him.

Because we would have been less alone with each other.



I'll miss you G.

Love you buddy.

1 comments:

::hug::

12:02 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home