Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

the luckiest

lately i've found my mind wandering about a variety of things. and listening to other people talk about their relationships and thinking back on my past boyfriends. and there are things i miss about those guys being in my life. each of them brought something different to me and to the relationship that i didn't find in anyone else. kevin always knew just what to say or do, b made me feel like there was no one better in the world, ben was an angel and taught me about openness, i had so much fun with the cwob and laughed all the time... and so on and so forth.

and i can look at each of these guys and be grateful. for what was. i think over the last few months, rick and i were struggling. at least i was. struggling with all that was going on and trying to find time and feeling alone in it. and it wasn't until last week that i really knew he was in it with me- completely. and so now, instead of feeling like i miss things those guys gave me or being wistful about it... i'm just glad they were in my life at the times they were there. and i see that broken road and all the mistakes i made. and i know that each of those relationships were great as they were, those guys did all they could just like i did all i could, and we did the best we could with what we had at that time in our lives.

and maybe this doesn't make sense. but i have always had a tendancy to look backward and wish for those good things to come forward, to have whatever it was exist again. and finally, i'm realizing how really good i have it now. now life is good. i have two jobs that are paying me pretty well now, i have health insurance, i have a family who loves me, i have all these people to be thankful for... and especially rick. i have rediscovered exactly how incredible he is. how perfect he is for me. and how much i am grateful for him. i really am the luckiest girl.



'I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest'
(thanks ben folds)

5 comments:

i think it shows a lot of a person who can look at past relationships and learn from them and not just being upset about the breakup. it's hard not to dwell in the past, but even harder to learn from your past.

11:02 AM  

Do you know the song God Bless the Broken Road? I can't assume that everyone is as blessed by country as I am but it is one of the most amazing songs. And if you havent heard it you should its by Rascal Flatts or you can wait and hear it song at my wedding!

9:48 PM  

um... amy...
http://nannyk8reallife.blogspot.com/2005/05/editors-perogative-revised-edition-of.html

11:36 AM  

umm Kate pardon me for not having your past blog entries memorized both in alphabetical order and by song lyrics :) you brat! Miss you

11:22 PM  

umm Kate pardon me for not having your past blog entries memorized both in alphabetical order and by song lyrics :) you brat! Miss you

11:03 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home