Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

since my last post dealt with my birthday....


i think maria and i are getting birthday-jitters (or something like that being that both of us have our b-days in a very short time). maybe she isn't jittery, but i am FREAKING out about turning 30.

i mean i'm freaking out about a few other things. but mostly that. 30!!!!!!!!!! for crying out loud.

anyway.

go to wikipedia, type in your birthday month and day, not the year. then choose three events, two births, and one death that occurred on that day and post them on your blog. here goes for me...

events
1787 - The United States forms and becomes a country.
1967 - Jim Morrison and The Doors defy CBS censors on The Ed Sullivan Show. Morrison sang the lyrics, "Girl, we couldn't get much higher" from the song, Light My Fire when asked not to.
1976 - The first Space Shuttle, Enterprise, was unveiled by NASA

births
1743 - Marquis de Condorcet, French mathematician (d. 1794)
1962 - Baz Luhrmann, Australian film director

death
1179 - Hildegard of Bingen, German abbess and composer (b. 1098)

its interesting to just find out what else happened on my birthday.

6 comments:

I'm with you, Kate. I'm freaking out about turning 30 and I'm still 8 months away!

Jason still gets carded and he's 31, so there's hope for the rest of us.

4:43 PM  

thank God for that. but seriously. i mean 30!?!??!?!? what the hell? how did i get this old?!?!?!?!?!?!


*sigh*

11:44 AM  

9 days of my 20s left. Definitely jittery. Isn't there some way I can stop this? Really! Gah.

10:38 AM  

i know sweets- i wish... maybe we'll just celebrate the end of our birthdays?? we should consider that. in fact- that's what i think i'll send you this year. a card congratulating you on having now more birthdays and this will simply be the anniversary of it.
whaddya think??

maria~ i wish i was at camp with you... sometime in august maybe i will try to come down and see all my MD/VA friends.
give my love to markie, erica, and david (since i know you're with them often)

10:41 AM  

(see if you can pick out the crazyest one for me in the list below)
Events:
1496 - Christopher Columbus leaves Hispaniola for Spain, ending his second visit to the Western Hemisphere.
1876 - Alexander Graham Bell makes the first successful telephone call by saying "Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you."
1982 - Syzygy: all 9 planets align on the same side of the Sun.
Births:
1940 - Chuck Norris, American actor and martial artist
1957 - Osama bin Laden, Saudi-born Islamic extremist
Deaths:
1985 - Konstantin Chernenko, General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (b. 1911)

Wow that was crazy, thanks for that..hehehe

6:13 PM  

August 19th I'm having a birthday party (or perhaps a no-more-birthdays party). You should come visit then!!!

6:21 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home