Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

one word

So I was skimming through my blogroll over there, and found this. On Sara's site. And I thought immeadiately how I know exactly what I want to live this year. What one thing will be my touchstone. My lifeline. Me. This year, and I hope for always.

Love.

Over the last 2 months I've been working at A. and learning from everyone I work with. Particularly one woman, Zanna. She's from Texas and has been here for about 4 months. And (once I have my license) I will be taking over for her. And daily it has been a blessing to watch her, work with her, learn from her. She is wonderful and strong and wise and so GOOD.

Last night we decided to take it easy and spend our New Years together and not do much of anything. We talked. Ate pizza and shrimp and drank chungita's (omg! so good! Shot of Crown, juice of half a lime, dash of salt, and sprite. Seriously. Delicious!). We watched Jeff Dunham and laughed til we cried. And tomorrow is her last day. Her son arrives tonight and they start driving home to Texas on Sunday. She will be missed. For many things by everyone.

And I hope to emmulate her. Because she exudes love and care to everyone. And last night, being at her house, I saw this on her mirror...

Which, in case its too small, says...
"Lord, eliminate everything in my life that is holding me back, anything that is keeping me from walking in love and finding true fulfillment in my life. Lord, reduce me to love. Bring me to a state or condition of completely walking in love."

Reduce me to love.

Zanna is one smart, fun, funny, delightful, joy-filled, love-filled, realistic, honest, and open lady. And my hope, and its on the 101 which btw is back up, is to emmulate her.

But really, I want to emmulate God's unfailing love. Because that is greater, more fulfilling, and more complete than any other. On my front door is a reminder to myself too- "I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show.... let me do it now... for I shall not pass this way again." (Stephen Grellet). So my word for 2009 is love.

Reduce me to love, Lord. Nothing else.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home