Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

september 11, 2001....

this really is myt nostalgic time of year... it's such a weird time for me. and as tomorrow is a day when i think we'll all stop and think about what happened two years ago, i think i want to post a comment now.

last year i posted a commentary by donna britt from the washington post. i still agree with her sentiment, and you can find it in the archives.... she's sharing a bit of herself and it's an understandable thought process she has. tomorrow would be just another thursday. if it were 3 years ago. instead i will awaken and remember the phone call i received at 7:20 that morning from my best friend. i will stop feeling petty angry thoughts at people who annoy me with their conservatism and the Church bashing going on. i will stop my annoyance at slow drivers and think how lucky i am to have others around me. tomorrow isn't about what happened to us anymore. it's about our response to it. my prayer is i remember that more often. remember it is how i respond that is most important.

our response as a nation has undergone a lot of changes, the patriotism we all feel is still strong, esp. with our continuing war on terrorism. i am thankful that we feel patriotism. i disagree with the way we are going about 'punishing' those who have hurt us, but i agree with our nationalism. i honor my friends and others serving our nation abroad. i miss them and love them and pray they come home safe. my response to our president and his actions isn't one that is in agreement with them. i think there are ways we could have responded that would be better. but i'm not in a place to tell the president what to do. i'm in a place where the most important people of my life need to know that they are. so tomorrow, emails and phone calls go out again. to show love and care. to tell them how much they mean. to let the people who are vital to my life, my existence, know that they are. so here is some...

happy birthday duston. i miss you.
zackie, all the love all the ways. hope all is well.
those i work with, i appreciate everything you do.
my virginians, tim, fro, mad camp ~ how lucky i am to have you in my life. i miss the laughter
crazyworkoutboy (the cwob), thankful for all these years, all this time, all of it.
chris, all we've been...
my kids, my lifelines, love to each of you wherever you may be.
b's other best friends, besides me that is, ang, joe, kyle; i'm lucky to have you too.
my parents, for life, love, support, and shoulders.
syd~ clark and addie too, love you much more than you know.
steven, i miss your laughter.
pookie and pip, i'll be there soon to collect on all the ::hugs:: love you both
and b. how much more my life is with you in it. i love you.

given, i'll be calling around and chatting with people tomorrow. but i need to say those things. out loud. i am a lucky girl. thankful to be where i am, doing what i am doing, and having all i have in my life. there's been so much that's changed. and so much that was so very hard to go through, but i am happy with where i've landed.

home.



may we remember those homes that have changed forever, and pray that those homes may know His love and peace.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home